Wednesday, January 3, 2007

with frustrating regularity...

I managed to accomplish the first part of my practice schedule yesterday, but not surprisingly, I did not come back after my extended break. True, I had lots to do and I did get 2 hours in... But now I'm just disappointed in myself for once again, not reaching my goal. Today, I slept until 10:30. At 8:30 I had a little conversation with myself which reminded me of a performance I saw a couple of days ago by this woman who is called Dynasty Handbag. It's just this one woman who's character is a total fucking mess. Ratty hair in busted curlers, a ripped bathrobe and lipstick all over her face. Anyway, she her show begins with her in bed, trying to get up and start the day. She starts by telling herself, "get up, get up, get up get up...." Then eventually....."get the FUCK up!!! I'm going to fucking kill you if you don't get up...." It's really hard to recreate the whole thing here, but let me just tell you, it's fucking hilarious. AND, not only can I relate to Miss Handbag, but like her, I often loose that battle and go back to sleep. ummm...so now it's like 11. Sweet!

No comments: