Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

well...it's kind of funny how New Years often turns out. Tonight, I had no expectations or plans really. The only plan was that I was going to pick my husband up at the airport--finally home after a month long tour of Europe. All I cared about today was having a chill evening of homecoming happiness. Sadly for him, he is nearly incapacitated right now and is hopefully soundly sleeping... that after a month of not sleeping, being in an uncomfortable van followed by a long plane ride he is now home but with excruciating not moving kind of back pain. So with one hour of 2006 left, I am contently home, nursing my love as best I can. I have thoughts of a great year past. Enjoying a nice glass of wine and listening to the 3rd Haydn piano concerto...a new favorite. I have a really good feeling about the coming year. Of course you really never do know what life will throw at you, but I feel positive about this coming year. In fact, not that I was speaking of "resolutions," but my official new years resolution is to direct positive energy and light into myself and everything around me. Well, one day at a time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your new years resolution! it's so inspiring. i was so trashed by midnight last night, the only thing i was thinking about was staying in an upright position for a few more hours - not quite as inspiring :) I'm glad that Dan's home and I hope he starts feeling better!